When setting yourself up as a psychologist in independent practice there are a number of things you need to learn and it is not easy to find the information that you need. Once established as an independent psychologist there is a risk of becoming isolated. It can also become difficult to stay abreast of important developments that are influencing the practice of psychology. Additionally there is a need to focus some energy on keeping the work coming in. The Networking Community of Psychologists in Independent Practice (NCPIP) offers solutions to all of these issues. The NCPIP enables you to feel more linked in with other people working in this area across the country, remain appropriately informed and find work. Members also benefit from a number of significant discounts that can make joining in itself be financially beneficial.
There are numerous benefits to becoming a member of the Networking Community of Psychologists in Independent Practice. These include:
STAYING CONNECTED AND SUPPORTED
1. Connecting with other members of the NCPIP psychologists community who are working in private practice across the UK. There are a range of community spaces within the network that enable members to link into the network to discuss important professional issues. These include the Forum pages, the Members Blog, the Email Discussion Lists and the Live Chat spaces such as the Meeting Rooms and the Coffee Room.
2. Linking in with Supervision and Mentoring opportunities through the NCPIP Directory of Supervisors both as a supervisor/mentor or supervisee/mentee.
3. Accessing important Resources to help you set up and run a successful independent psychology practice, such Independent Practice Information, a regularly updated Documents Libary, and a Bookshop.
4. Accessing regularly updated information about issues pertinent to working as a psychologist in private practice through the regular Tea Break Times Newsletter and Seasonal Newsletters as well as through our regularly updated NCPIP News.
5. Accessing up to date CPD information about Training Events across the country and internationally as well as Book Reviews.
6. Marketing opportunities with the general public through the NCPIP Directory of Psychologists and the NCPIP Members Blog or Links page.
7. Marketing opportunities within the NCPIP community through the various Community Spaces such as the Live Chat Rooms, Forums or the Email Discussion Lists.
8. Searching our Work Opportunities page to find jobs within private practice psychology.
9. Advertising opportunities on the website, such as through the Advertising Banners, the Members Spotlight, the Useful Links pages, the Work Opportunities pages and Training Events pages.
ACCESSING EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS
10. Benefiting from a wide range of Exclusive Offers on professional products with the needs of the independent psychologist in mind. These special NCPIP members discounts are worth hundreds of pounds and can more than cover the cost of NCPIP membership. Some examples include up to 50% Saving on Accountancy Fees with The Accountancy Partnership, special rates for Professional Liability Insurance with Towergate Professional Risks, £45 off Website Design with DCC Designs, 20% Psychology Book Discount on Wiley-Blackwell books, 10% discount on WriteUpp Practice Management Software, Free trail of Psychological Assessments using Pearsons Q-Interactive, 10% Training Discounts with Bond Solon, Mirror Coaching and the Expert Witness Institute and more ...
The cost of NCPIP Membership is ONLY £45 for a whole year. It can therefore be financially beneficial to join the NCPIP!
Click Here to Become a Member for ONLY £45